👋🏻, I'm Julia.
💡 Annual reviews
I do a quick review of my thoughts towards the end of December every year, to try to consolidate the key themes in my life, what I have been learning and spending time on, and reflect on any standout experiences.
I also do a run-through of all the books I read during the year, with a few lines of my review/thoughts for each one. Longer summaries for non-fiction books I read can be found here.
P.S. The icons are the Chinese zodiac animals for that year.
🏃🏻♀️ Continuous learning
Apart from books, I've listed out some other media sources that I've gotten most value from below.
- Core pursuits & interests
- Drums - teaching myself to play the drums, a lifelong journey 🥁
- Executive Coaching Diploma - I'm a practicing executive coach with the Academy of Executive Coaching (AoEC) 👩🏻🏫
- Holistic Nutritionist Certification - this combined my love for all things health & nutrition, whilst continuing to add to my toolkit for coaching and motivating others to take action 🥑
- HarvardX: CS50M React Native - mobile app development with React Native 📱
- Learning How To Learn - theories on how the brain learns and techniques we can use to supercharge our learning 🧠
- Princeton University: Buddhism and Modern Psychology - can science explain Buddhist philosophy and teachings? 🧘🏻♀️
- Brad Feld 📈 [ entrepreneurship, venture capital ]
- Farnham Street 🧠 [ self-improvement ]
- Fred Wilson 📈 [ entrepreneurship, venture capital ]
- Ryan Holiday 🧠 [ self-improvement ]
- Favourite posts: How To Live A Full Life And Leave Nothing On The Table By 30, Don't Waste Time Arguing What A Good Man Is. Be One
- Scott Galloway 🌍 [ economics, tech ]
- Wait But Why 🔬 [ science ]
- Found My Fitness (with Dr. Rhonda Patrick) 👩🏼⚕️ [ health & fitness ]
- JS Party 👩🏻💻 [ coding ]
- Pivot (with Kara Swisher and Prof. Scott Galloway) 💻 [ tech, entrepreneurship ]
- React Native Radio 👩🏻💻 [ coding ]
- React Podcast 👩🏻💻 [ coding ]
- Reply All 🎭 [ society & culture ]
- The Drive (with Dr. Peter Attia) 👨🏽⚕️ [ health & fitness ]
- The Kevin Rose Show 🧠 [ self-improvement ]
- The Rich Roll Podcast 🏃♂️ [ health & fitness ]
- The Tim Ferriss Show 🧠 [ self-improvement ]
As a side note, I'm currently trying to figure out the best way of building my second brain. I previously used Evernote, but am currently trialling Notion. If you have a good method, please share!