Bonjour, I'm Julia.
A quick intro
Having realised that computers and the internet are infiltrating into ever increasing aspects of our daily lives, I decided to change career paths from investment banking, to learn how to code and co-found a tech startup in 2014.
Since the start of 2020, I have sold and exited my startup Peg, started a new company Robin, aiming to tackle food waste and climate change, and (sadly) ended my new company Robin after 6 months.
Thinking about what I loved best when working on my startups, it was always about the product and writing code. 👩🏻💻 I'm now embarking on my third career path as a software engineer, where I'm lucky enough to be working in an industry I'm passionate about (health & nutrition), and within a company that has a strong mission that matters.
Coding and technology aside, I enjoy exploring my curiousity and lifelong learning, all things health, fitness & nutrition, travel, reading, gaming and the great outdoors. Bonus points if they're all combined. 🤩
Here are the overarching principles that guide how I try to live my life.
- Do it, if you're going to do it (fac, si facis). You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do. (Or as Nike says so succintly, "Just Do It".) 💪🏼
- The obstacle is the way. Do things that scare you. Take on challenges that most people would not. 👻
- Lighten up...my possessions, my footprint, my mind. Have fun, remain playful, don't grow old. 🚀
- Memento mori (remember death). Live without regrets. Do not be afraid to take chances. Be grateful for every day that I am alive. 💀
- Be a positive force on others. Lead by example. Review different perspectives. Try not to harm other living beings, be they people, animals or the planet. 🌻