Hello, I'm Julia.
🖥 Code I've written for funzies and work
- COVID-19 Dashboard - UK news only focuses on cases in Europe and the US, so I created this dashboard to get better context on global COVID-19 cases. Also a good opportunity to practice integrating maps into React (with Leaflet). Used the Disease.sh API for data. Deployed via Firebase here. 🦠 [solo project]
- Movie Browser - practice project to consolidate learnings from the Harvard CS50 Mobile Apps React Native course. Written using React and React Native on top of Expo. Libraries I utilised included Prop Types, React Navigation and Redux. Tried a bit of testing with Jest. Used the Open Movie Database API for data. 🎬 [solo project]
- Burger Builder - practicing React and advanced React-related tools like React Router, Redux and Firebase (WIP). Hunger-inducing. 🍔 [solo project]
- Peg - turns marketers into influencer marketing experts in a day. My first startup and first software engineer role, all-in-one! Created mostly with Ruby on Rails, React, PostgreSQL, Gatsby, YouTube API and Twitter API. 👩🏻🏫 [team project]
- Investor List - a free, crowdsourced list of over 1,000 investors. #2 Product of the Day on Product Hunt. Created during a 3 day sprint with Angular and Google Sheets. Our motivation was to help the startup community in London. 🤑 [team project]
- Book Prioritiser on Airtable - console-run program to help me track and prioritise the books I should be reading. I realised I would never get through my entire "to read" book list, so I needed a way to prioritise the most important books. All books are saved to Airtable, with book data automatically pulled from Goodreads. Created with Ruby, Airtable API and Goodreads API. 📚 [solo project]