The Four Pillar Plan summary
Easy to follow book filled with the basic fundamentals of how to lead a healthier life by making small, incremental changes. The book is split into 4 pillars:
- Carve out 10 minutes of time just for you to chill and destress
- Try to have one day a week when you don't look at any screens
- Practice gratitude daily
- Practice stillness daily
- Use time at the dinner table to practice mindfulness when eating and reconnect with others
- Cut out added sugar from your diet. Retrain your taste buds to be able to taste sweetness in food.
- Eat as many different types of plants as possible, of different colours, to feed your gut microbiome.
- Introduce daily micro-fasts. Try to eat within a time-restricted window of 12 hours or less.
- Drink more water (8 glasses)
- Eat whole foods
- Walk whenever possible. Don't do "exercise", but make movement a natural part of your life.
- Lift 2x a week. Weight lift 2x a week.
- Do glute exercises daily to counteract all the daily sitting.
- Make your bedroom absolutely dark
- Upon waking, spend time immediately in direct sunlight (20 mins)
- Create a bedtime routine. Start winding down 90 mins to 2 hours before going to bed. Limit screens, including TV and don't eat or do exercise too close to bedtime.
- Don't engage in emotionally taxing conversations or activities before bed
- Stop drinking caffeine at noon.